Advanced Placement (AP) Program
AP classes at WHS are rigorous academic courses designed for students who are college bound. There is no placement test for AP. Students self-select these courses and should be prepared to work at a college-level pace. At the end of the course, the student is expected to take the AP exam which is managed by College Board.
AP exams are highly recognized by colleges and universities with regard to a student's preparation for the demands of college courses. AP exams present an opportunity for college credit and/or higher placement in college courses. Each college decides which AP exam grades it will accept for credit or placement.
AP Capstone™ is an innovative diploma program from the College Board that equips students with the independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communication skills that are increasingly valued by colleges. It cultivates curious, independent, and collaborative scholars and prepares them to make logical, evidence-based decisions. AP Capstone is comprised of two AP courses — AP Seminar and AP Research — and is designed to complement and enhance the discipline-specific study in other AP courses. Students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research and on four additional AP Exams of their choosing will receive the AP Capstone Diploma. Students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research but not on four additional AP Exams will receive the AP Seminar and Research Certificate. Learn more about AP Capstone.
AP Test Coordinator
AP Exam Registration & Payment
WHS student registration and payment for the exams is online only through Total Registration Opens a New Window. .
Test administration is not available at WHS for students not currently enrolled at Woodinville High School.
- Registration for May 2019 exams runs from 12:01 a.m. February 4 through 11:59 p.m. on March 29.
- The cost per exam is $104.
- Please note the cost of AP exams are reduced for low-income families Opens a New Window. .
- Students seeking financial support should contact their counselor.
- Any exam(s) not paid for by 11:59 p.m. March 29 will be canceled and the exam(s) will not be ordered.*
- Learn more about AP Exams.
- View the March 11 & 12 AP Registration Information Session PowerPoint presented to students regarding AP Exam registration.
*There is no late registration window. Exams will be ordered March 30 per College Board requirements.