SPRING SPORTS PARENT MEETING
If you missed the meeting, please review the Spring Sports Parent Meeting presentation.
Congratulations to the WHS Cheer Team on being named WIAA 4A Academic State Champions with a 3.852 team GPA!
2022/2023 ATHLETICS REGISTRATION
Registration is OPEN for spring sports. Spring sports tryouts or practice begin on Monday, February 27.
Visit our Register for Athletics page for more information and to register on Final Forms. You must be registered to receive information and updates from coaches.
Required Prior to Participation in Athletics
In order to participate in the first day of conditioning, summer practice, tryouts or regular season practice, a FinalForms registration must be completed by both parent and student and a current sports physical must be on file with the WHS Athletic Office. Sports physicals are good for two years from the exam date.
Sports Season Start Dates
Visit our Teams page for a list of sports offered each season.
Fall - Football began on Wednesday, August 17. All other fall sports began on Monday, August 22.
Winter - All winter sports began on Monday, November 14.
Spring - All spring sports began on Monday, February 27.
Other Sports Information
- Rowing has 2 seasons during the fall and spring seasons. We were not able to have a fall team but we will have a spring team!
- Men's water polo is a fall sport and women's water polo is a spring sport. Both teams will participate with the other NSD high schools through Inglemoor HS.
- Unified bowling - winter season
- Unified soccer - spring season
Academic Eligibility Requirements
Student athletes in high school are expected to meet or exceed a 2.0 GPA (suspended for 22-23) in order to be eligible to participate in school-sponsored activities. There are regular grade checks for each sports season.
- NSD Standard: The minimum 2.0 GPA each semester has been suspended for 22-23
- WIAA Standard: Passing 6 classes
- Visit the Eligibility page for more information
Questions? We're here to help!
- If you have any questions, are having issues registering on FinalForms, or need to check on a physical expiration date, please email Renae Hector, WHS Athletic Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPORTS PARTICIPATION FEES
- ASB Fee - $60
- For spring sports only, the ASB fee is reduced to $30
- Participation Fee - $154 ($121 for siblings participating during the same season at the same school)
- Online payments at TouchBase
Fighting for Racial and Educational Justice
As we look across our nation during this time of both pandemic and social unrest, the Athletic Directors of Northshore stand together fighting for Racial and Educational Justice. We all may not be starting this journey from the same place, but we stand together to make Northshore a safe and supportive environment for all students and families. During this challenging time, we promise to work together in this fight to diminish institutional barriers and promote racial and educational justice. We commit to making this a better place for every person employed by or served by our schools in the Northshore School District.
Assistant to the Athletic Director
(WHS Main Office/Athletics)