Woodinville High School
Class of 2020 - Senior Timeline
Woodinville High School ASB, administration, faculty, and staff have been working hard to ensure the Class of 2020 still experiences recognition, end-of-year celebrations, and closure! Thank you for your patience as we figure this out together! Seniors and parents are encouraged to check the WHS Class of 2020 webpage found under Activities on the WHS homepage for ongoing and updated news and information as we proceed through the end of the school year. Additionally, follow WHS ASB on Instagram (@2020woodinville), Facebook (Woodinville High School ASB), and/or the ASB Blog found on the WHS website under Activities to stay connected with the student body!
01 College Decision Day – Wear Your Colors!
01-05 Spring recognition
· ASB is working to recognize all the students who would have been a part of spring sports and activities in a Spring Recognition Week from June 1 – 5.
01-05 AP Exam Make-Ups
04 Senior Awards Virtual Ceremony, 6:30 p.m.
· Senior Awards is a time-honored Woodinville High School ceremony that serves as a special way to honor and recognize the graduating class. The excitement of the Awards of Distinction presented to seniors by WHS faculty throughout every department, commending the accomplishments of our valedictorians, and acknowledging academic honors and awards, continues virtually this year!
· Please mark your calendars and view the Senior Awards program along with the WHS faculty and staff virtually, as we celebrate the Class of 2020.
· The link to view the Senior Awards 2020 virtual ceremony will be posted on the Senior Awards 2020 webpage at go.nsd.org/seniorawards2020.
· Award certificates presented within the virtual ceremony will be mailed to the senior’s home address with the student’s diploma packet the week of June 29.
05 Dramafest Recognition
· Further details will follow from Mr. Butchart!
09 Commencement Ceremony Production Day, WHS Campus
· Seniors must arrive for Production Day at WHS on June 9 wearing their GREEN gown (and bring the cap, tassel, and stole, too!).
· Recommended clothing for Production Day includes dress shirts, ties, dresses, skirts, dress pants, and blouses. Dresses worn under the gown should not show at the gown’s neckline or below the hemline of the gown. To avoid tripping, long dresses should not be worn. Seniors should avoid jeans or tennis shoes.
· Gold NHS honor cord and one other WHS pre-approved cord from a nationally recognized club are allowed.
· WHS class stoles not delivered on Distribution Day will be provided to you by Jostens at Production Day June 9.
· Flower leis and/or any other adornments are not allowed during the ceremony production.
· Tape, signs, flowers, and/or other decorations are NOT permitted on the cap or gown.
o Further specific Production Day details, required social distancing protocol, and alphabetical arrival times for the 10:00am-2:30pm production window are as follows:
10:30 - 11:00am A-Bi
11:00 - 11:30pm Bl-De
11:30 - 12:00pm Di-G
12:00 - 12:30pm H-J
12:30 - 01:00pm K-Mc
01:00 - 01:30pm Me-P
01:30 - 02:00pm R-S
02:00 - 02:30pm T-Z
*Students have been notified directly.
o Selected student speakers and student-musicians will present at designated arrival times between 8:45-9:30 a.m.
§ Congratulations are extended to Faculty-Selected Student Speaker Daphne D’sa and Student-Selected Student Speaker Drew Wilson!
o Seniors with COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc.) must not attend.
o Production Day is for seniors ONLY and is not a day to drop off or pick up any items.
o This event will include crossing the Theatre stage to receive diploma covers and taking an individual senior photograph. While restricted, this day allows for students to be on campus one more time.
o The individual senior Production Day recordings and photos completed June 9 will then be compiled by the production company, Life N Light, into the virtual Commencement Ceremony that premieres on June 16.
09 Health Science Careers Virtual Graduation, 6 p.m.
· A virtual “Zoom” is being produced for this event!
· Health Science cords will be distributed to seniors on Cap and Gown Distribution Day, May 21.
· Contact Ms. Orobinskaia for further details.
10 Beach Day
· ASB is working hard to find a new and creative way to bring our students together, when it is safe to do so, to celebrate the end of the year together. ASB will provide more information as soon as it is ready!
10 Counselors will compile a final list of seniors with incompletes and will notify the parents by phone.
11 Moving Up
· The Moving Up Assembly will now be virtual and is still scheduled for June 11. An ASB committee is planning the details on how the virtual celebration will work.
11 Senior Breakfast Recognition
· The Senior Class Officers are working hard to come up with new and creative ways to honor the Class of 2020 in a safe and fun way! Stay tuned for more information.
12 Seniors’ final grades - end of reporting period
· School for seniors does not officially end until the Commencement Ceremony Premiere concludes on Tuesday, June 16.
· Input for seniors’ grades are due from teachers to registrars on June 23.
12 Thespian Inductions/Theatre Awards Recognition
· Cords will be distributed directly to Thespians homes by the Boosters prior to the June 9 Commencement Ceremony Production Day.
· Further details will follow from Mr. Butchart!
16 WHS Commencement Ceremony Premiere, 3:30 p.m.
· NSD YouTube Channel at nsd.org/whsclassof2020
19 Last underclassmen student day of the 2019-20 school year
22 Confirm your address in ParentVUE is correct no later than today for the Diploma Packet mailing!