Class of 2021
Welcome Class of 2021!
Please visit this website periodically for updates as we will continue to post new information here for our class of 2021 seniors and their families!
Class of 2021 Important Dates!
12/01-12/18: Final Yearbook Sales Window, $45
01/08: Advisory Attendance Required for High School & Beyond Information
01/13: High School & Beyond Plan (HSBP) Open Session w/Ms. Gerlinger, 10:30a-12:30p
01/27: High School & Beyond Plan (HSBP) Open Session w/Ms. Gerlinger, 10:30a-12:30p
01/29: High School & Beyond Plan (HSBP) Open Session w/Ms. Allen, 10:55-11:55a
01/31: High School & Beyond Plan Due
02/15: Scholarship Foundation of Northshore Applications Due
06/16: Commencement Ceremony, 7 p.m
High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) - Due January 31!
As announced at the January 8 advisory with Ms. Gerlinger, next steps include finishing your High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP), a graduation requirement, and applying for scholarships (not required, but helpful).
- The High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) is a requirement due by January 31, 2021. You can access assigned tasks via your Naviance account. The mandatory Senior advisory period on Friday 1/8 walked seniors through the process.
- Ms. Gerlinger also has open sessions to assist seniors with the HSBP over these next three weeks (access her via her Ms. Gerlinger's Zoom Room Wednesday, January 13 and 27 from 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM).
- Ms. Allen is available Friday, January 29 from 10:55-11:55am at Lisa Allen's Zoom Room.
- Our website also has information posted: https://woodinville.nsd.org/counseling/naviance.
If these dates don't work, please feel free to reach out via email and we can choose a time that works for you. We want to help you complete your HS&B plan! You can reach Mrs. Allen at email@example.com or Ms. Gerlinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seniors can now access unofficial transcripts through StudentVUE! Go to your StudentVUE account and check out the new documents tab on the left hand side. Once you click on documents, you will be able to see a link to your most current “Unofficial Transcript”.
First semester ends January 22nd
With the end of the semester approaching, we want to remind students to make the most of these last few weeks. Sometimes, the difference between one grade and the next is the completion of a few more assignments.
Here are some tips to end the semester strong:
- Talk with your teacher. Your teachers are the experts on the subject and are the best resource for the material. Stay after class to ask questions or visit them during office hours. Now is the time!
- Prioritize your missing assignments with your teachers: if you can't complete all of your outstanding assignments, make sure to spend your time doing the assignments that will give you the most amount of points. Talk with your teacher to make a plan.
- Start small. Is that list of missing assignments creating feelings of stress and anxiety? Instead of focusing on ALL your missing assignments, start with just one. Find your best study area and commit to working on that one nagging assignment for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, assess your status and determine if you can keep going or need to take a walk/snack break before continuing. Once you completed and turned in your assignment, make sure to brag about it and celebrate your success!
- Reach out to your counselor! We are here to advocate for you and help you navigate through stress, anxiety, and concerns. We have many tools in our toolbox to help students address mental health concerns, academic planning, and for finding success in classes. We love to hear from you!
- Don't give up. Teachers love seeing students trying their best, especially when it's hard. "You won't succeed if you never try." Keep believing in yourself and doing the best you can do.
Seniors, you have been actively applying to colleges and meeting admission deadlines - way to go! If you have questions about the application process or find that your documents are not successfully submitted to your universities, please do not hesitate to reach out to your counselor for support.
Your WHS School Counselors are available!
- Scholarship resources available: paying for college can be a stressful thing. There are many scholarships available with various deadlines. Check out our scholarship resources on the counseling webpage at: https://woodinville.nsd.org/counseling/college-information. The Scholarship Foundation of Northshore has scholarships available for Northshore students (only) with a deadline of February 15th: https://sf-ns.awardspring.com/Home/Scholarships. Get those applications submitted!
High School & Beyond: Attendance Required at Friday, January 8 Advisory!
Seniors, mark your calendars to attend Advisory on Friday, January 8. Attendance is required for High School and Beyond information!
College Visits Open to all students
Curious about a college or university locally or even abroad? WHS has teamed with college admission counselors from around the country and from various universities outside of the country to arrange digital meetings. Wondering how the food tastes in the campus cafeteria? Looking for a campus with Greek life? Perhaps you are looking for a specific major to study? It’s never too early to start asking questions.
These meetings provide a prime opportunity to ask about campus life, the availability of academic options, and to receive exclusive insight about the admission process.
Check out the college readiness counseling website for the weekly updated college visit list.
Log on to your Naviance* account to sign up for a visit today!
*To access Naviance:
1. Please log in to your Clever account
2. Look for the new Naviance icon/button under Learning Resources (see image below; last image on the right).
3. Click on the Naviance icon/button you will go directly into your Naviance account.
Scholarship Foundation of Northshore: Applications Open 11/16!
Northshore students are invited to explore scholarships they are eligible for and to apply for scholarships. Applications open November 16, 2020 and close on February 15, 2021.
For more information and to search their scholarships, please visit their website at https://sf-ns.org/.
Questions? Contact Ms. Gerlinger at email@example.com
FAFSA / WAFSA Open 10/1!
Seniors, as you continue to work on your college applications, know that our counselors are here to answer questions, review college essay drafts, upload transcripts, write letters of recommendation, and help you navigate through Common Application and Coalition websites. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your counselor for support!
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on October 1st, so mark your calendars, as this is a task you will want to complete sooner than later. You can access the FAFSA here.
EVERYONE who plans to attend ANY type of post-secondary school should fill out a FAFSA or WASFA (WASFA is for undocumented students), regardless of income levels.
- Senior College “Apps & Chats"! 11/4, 11/18, 12/2, & 12/16, 11am-12pm
- Free NSSF College Planning Workshops for 2021 Seniors: 11/10, 11/12, 11/18 & 11/21
- Class of 2021: Class rank is now available (10/16)!
- Jostens Senior Week! Cap, Gown, & Announcement Orders! 10/26-11/1
- Scholarship Foundation of Northshore: Applications Open 11/16! Due 2/15!
- Yearbook Information and Due Dates: Photos 10/22, Ads 12/16, Sales End 12/18
- PNACAC Virtual College Fair, FREE registration! 10/19-23
- Missed the Graduation Info Zoom Webinar Friday 10/16?
- Graduation Information Zoom Webinar, Friday, 10/16, 1:25-1:55pm
- Printed Name Verification: Due Thurs, 10/15
- Financial Aid Webinar, 10/8, 7 p.m.
- College Application Presentation Zoom Recording (10/7/2020)
- College Visits Open to all students!
- Senior Transcript Review: Due Tues, 10/6
- FAFSA / WAFSA Open 10/1!
- Graduation Requirements
- Commencement Ceremony, Wed, 6/16, 7 p.m.
Updated 1/8/2021 ds
Commencement Ceremony 2021
Woodinville: Wednesday, June 16, 7 p.m.*
North Creek: Wednesday, June 16, 3:30 p.m.
Inglemoor: Tuesday, June 15, 3:30 p.m.
Bothell: Tuesday, June 15, 7 p.m.
*Originally, NSD's Commencement Ceremonies were scheduled for Monday, June 14 and Tuesday, June 15, the 2nd Monday and Tuesday in June.
- Subsequently, there was a scheduling conflict for June 14.
- Rather than pushing our ceremonies back to NSD's traditional 3rd Monday and Tuesday (June 21/22), the Wednesday, June 16 date was added.
- This adjustment moved Woodinville's ceremony from Tuesday, June 15 to Wednesday, June 16.