Class of 2021
Welcome Class of 2021!
Please visit this website periodically for updates as we will continue to post new information here for our class of 2021 seniors and their families!
Class of 2021 Important Dates!
10/06: Senior Transcript Review Due
10/15: Printed Name Verification Due
10/16: Class Rank Available
10/16: Graduation Information Zoom Webinar, 1:25-1:55 p.m.
10/19: Graduation Information Zoom Make-Up Sessions, 11am & 4pm
10/21: Senior College "Apps & Chats", 11a-12p
10/22: Senior Yearbook Photo Uploads Due
10/26-11/1: Jostens Senior Week: Cap/Gown/Announcement Orders
11/01: AP Exam Registration Due by 11:59 p.m.
10/28: Senior College "Apps & Chats", 11a-12p
12/01-12/18: Final Yearbook Sales Window, $45
12/16: Senior Yearbook Ads Due
06/16: Commencement Ceremony, 7 p.m
Class of 2021: Class rank is now available! (10/16)
To maintain confidentiality and for efficiency purposes, we’ve created a Google form for you to fill out and submit for your class rank.
Once you complete the Google form, you will receive an e-mail response, within 24 hours, from Counseling Intern Mr. Schoen, with your official class rank and class size.
Students are responsible for filling out the Google form. You must have an @apps.nsd.org email account to complete the Google form:
Your WHS Counselors,
Ms. Miller, Ms. Lamb, Mr. Churchill, Mr. Hirsch, Ms. Brenner, Mr. Schoen, Ms. Gerlinger
Senior College “Apps & Chats"! 10/21 & 10/28
What are “Apps & Chats”? Counselors block out virtual office hours specifically to chat about your college apps! Counselors can provide feedback and support for any questions related to applications, college essays, recommendations, etc.
Two October sessions are currently planned, before the November 1 deadline:
- Wednesday, October 21 from 11:00-12:00
- Wednesday, October 28 from 11:00-12:00
Seniors click on their counselor’s Zoom Room link during those times to chat about college apps!
- Ms. Miller: Students A-C
- Ms. Lamb: Students D-H
- Mr. Churchill: Students I-Mi
- Mr. Hirsch: Mo-Sh
- Ms. Brenner: Si-Z
College Visits Open to all students
Curious about a college or university locally or even abroad? WHS has teamed with college admission counselors from around the country and from various universities outside of the country to arrange digital meetings. Wondering how the food tastes in the campus cafeteria? Looking for a campus with Greek life? Perhaps you are looking for a specific major to study? It’s never too early to start asking questions.
These meetings provide a prime opportunity to ask about campus life, the availability of academic options, and to receive exclusive insight about the admission process.
Check out the college readiness counseling website for the weekly updated college visit list.
Log on to your Naviance* account to sign up for a visit today!
*To access Naviance:
1. Please log in to your Clever account
2. Look for the new Naviance icon/button under Learning Resources (see image below; last image on the right).
3. Click on the Naviance icon/button you will go directly into your Naviance account.
Jostens Senior Week! 10/26-11/1
Cap, Gown, & Announcement Orders!
It is time for seniors to place their orders for the required cap/gown unit, and all the graduation items needed to be prepared for the Ceremony and Celebrate this wonderful accomplishment. Jostens is Northshore School District's official graduation supplier. They are setting aside a full week of savings for our seniors.
During Senior Week There will be Free Shipping on your entire order and the best prices for your required cap/gown unit. Be sure to click the link below for all the information and to order your cap, gown, and announcement during the week of October 26-November 1.
During Senior Week Jostens will provide:
- Free shipping on all products
- $20.00 savings on your cap and gown (savings reflected on the website)
- A free cap, gown and tassel when ordering your ring
- Be guaranteed the official graduation announcement.
Scholarship Foundation of Northshore: Applications Open 11/1!
Northshore students are invited to explore scholarships they are eligible for and to apply for scholarships. Applications open November 1, 2020.
For more information and to search their scholarships, please visit their website at https://sf-ns.org/.
Questions? Contact Ms. Gerlinger at email@example.com.
College Application Presentation
(click on the presentation image to open the video)
Counselors will be presenting all you need to know about College Apps. We hear your questions and want to help you through the process.
- How to Apply to College
- How will WHS send my transcript to my colleges
- How do I ask for a letter of recommendation from my Counselor and Teacher
- What should I put in my college essay
- Holistic review, is it different without a SAT or ACT score
- I need Scholarships and what is the FAFSA
- Navigating all those sites: Naviance, Common App, Send Edu, Coalition, and more
- High School and Beyond Plan
We will be sending a zoom link to your emails so please be on the lookout for an email with the log in information included. We are limited to 300 guests but will record and post the zoom to the WHS website if you are unable to attend. We are here to support you through this challenging, yet exciting time!
PNACAC Virtual College Fair, 10/19-23, FREE registration!
The Pacific Northwest Association for College Admissions Counseling (PNACAC) is offering a virtual college fair for students in Washington, October 19th - October 23rd, 2020. This FREE event allows students and parents to connect with college admission counselors from colleges and universities throughout the country in one convenient location.
You can also, watch presentations and attend live sessions to learn more about:
The impact of COVID-19 on the admission process
- How to write the best essay or personal statement for your application
- Financial aid and financial award programs by state
- Test-optional and what it means for your application
- Multicultural, first generation, and accessibility/disability resources on college campuses
- How to start your college search and find the best fit
- Community college and transfer pathways to four year institutions
...and so much more!
For more information and to register for this amazIng opportunity, please click on the link below:
WHS Counseling Team
College & Career
(Sent by Lisa Allen, College & Career Secretary @ WHS on Fridays)
FAFSA / WAFSA Open 10/1!
Seniors, as you continue to work on your college applications, know that our counselors are here to answer questions, review college essay drafts, upload transcripts, write letters of recommendation, and help you navigate through Common Application and Coalition websites. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your counselor for support!
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on October 1st, so mark your calendars, as this is a task you will want to complete sooner than later. You can access the FAFSA here.
EVERYONE who plans to attend ANY type of post-secondary school should fill out a FAFSA or WASFA (WASFA is for undocumented students), regardless of income levels.
- Senior College “Apps & Chats"! 10/21 & 10/28, 11am-12pm
- Class of 2021: Class rank is now available (10/16)!
- Jostens Senior Week! Cap, Gown, & Announcement Orders! 10/26-11/1
- Scholarship Foundation of Northshore: Applications Open 11/1!
- Yearbook Information and Due Dates: Photos 10/22, Ads 12/16, Sales End 12/18
- PNACAC Virtual College Fair, FREE registration! 10/19-23
- Missed the Graduation Info Zoom Webinar Friday 10/16?
- Graduation Information Zoom Webinar, Friday, 10/16, 1:25-1:55pm
- Printed Name Verification: Due Thurs, 10/15
- Financial Aid Webinar, 10/8, 7 p.m.
- College Application Presentation Zoom Recording (10/7/2020)
- College Visits Open to all students!
- Senior Transcript Review: Due Tues, 10/6
- FAFSA / WAFSA Open 10/1!
- Graduation Requirements
- Commencement Ceremony, Wed, 6/16, 7 p.m.
Updated 10/20/2020 ds
Commencement Ceremony 2021
Woodinville: Wednesday, June 16, 7 p.m.*
North Creek: Wednesday, June 16, 3:30 p.m.
Inglemoor: Tuesday, June 15, 3:30 p.m.
Bothell: Tuesday, June 15, 7 p.m.
*Originally, NSD's Commencement Ceremonies were scheduled for Monday, June 14 and Tuesday, June 15, the 2nd Monday and Tuesday in June.
- Subsequently, there was a scheduling conflict for June 14.
- Rather than pushing our ceremonies back to NSD's traditional 3rd Monday and Tuesday (June 21/22), the Wednesday, June 16 date was added.
- This adjustment moved Woodinville's ceremony from Tuesday, June 15 to Wednesday, June 16.