Grad Guide 2023
Woodinville High School's Graduation Guide: Information for Woodinville High School Seniors and their Parents/Guardians, is filled with valuable information regarding the Commencement Ceremony and the important activities and events leading up until graduation!
- All seniors and parents/guardians should familiarize themselves with the information, requirements, events, dates, and arrival times!
Please continue to check the WHS Class of 2023 website for updates!
The WHS Grad Guide in the dropdowns below can be translated into hundreds of different languages by clicking the "Translate" drop down directly above the "Athletics" tab on the website homepage.
El sitio web de WHS se puede traducir a cientos de idiomas diferentes haciendo clic en el menú desplegable "Traducir" que se encuentra sobre la pestaña "Atletismo" en la página de inicio del sitio web.
- Learn more about NSD website translation.
- Obtenga más información sobre la traducción de sitios web.
Interpreter and Translation Services in NSD - Learn more.
Servicios de interpretación y traducción en NSD - Obtenga más información.
- Important Dates & Events
- Commencement Day Schedule & Senior "Musts"
- Introduction, Requirements, Expectations, & Responsibilities
- Pop Keeney Stadium Entry & Prohibited Items
- Snacks/Concessions-Seniors eat before being dropped off
- Senior Awards Night & Cap/Gown/Stoles/Tickets/Yearbook Distribution
- Commencement Tickets
- Transportation & Parking Information for Seniors June 13-14
- Graduation Regalia: "One Falcon, One Family"
- Personal Items/Valuables - Secure Storage Not Available
- Picture Taking and GradImages
- Parent Sponsored Grad Night Event
- Directions & Parking for Pop Keeney Stadium
- ADA/ASL Accommodations-Request by Wednesday, June 7
- Senior and Guest Seating & Reuniting After the Ceremony
- Diploma Packet Drive-Thru Distribution Event
- Cap & Gown Donations
- NSD Student Google Drive & Email Accounts
Class of 2023
Important Dates and Events
Continue to check the Class of 2023 website under Activities for updates and additional details, along with the Senior Class Timeline!
Tuesday, May 23
SENIOR CLASS PHOTO
The senior class photo will be taken during Activity Tuesday, 10:55 a.m.
Tuesday, May 30
LAST DAY TO ENTER THE YEARBOOK LOTTERY
Thursday, June 1
SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT, WHS Main Gym, 6:30 p.m.
Seniors, please arrive at the Aux Gym by 6:00 p.m. to line up.
CAPS, GOWNS, STOLES, TICKETS, & YEARBOOKS The initial distribution of caps, gowns, stoles, 5 complimentary Commencement tickets, and yearbooks will be distributed at reception after the Senior Awards Night ceremony concludes. At that time, additional tickets may be purchased for $7.00 each. Fines/fees must be paid or cleared to pick up the items above and/or purchase additional tickets.
See Senior Awards Night & Cap and Gown, Stole, Tickets, and Yearbook Distribution dropdown below for further information.
Tuesday, June 6
SENIOR DEVICE COLLECTION DAY
Senior devices will be collected Tuesday, June 6 during English classes. Seniors must bring their device (Chromebook, Macbook, iPad), case, charger, and/or hotspot. Please prepare the device by removing stickers and cleaning. Seniors will be fined for missing items. Seniors no longer using their device can turn them in to the library any time prior to Tuesday, June 6.
Wednesday, June 7
BEACH DAY/YEARBOOK SIGNING
TEXTBOOKS/SCHOOL PROPERTY DUE
LOCKER CLEAN OUT
LAST REGULAR CLASS DAY FOR SENIORS
Make sure all books and equipment have been turned in! See “Introduction, Requirements, Expectations, and Responsibilities" below for further details.
Thursday, June 8
SENIOR CLASS MEETING & MOVING UP
WHS Theatre, 8:45 a.m.
SENIOR BREAKFAST – WHS Seniors only, by Ticket
- WHS Commons (after Senior Class Meeting & Moving Up
- Tickets available for purchase at Cashier’s/Main Office
- $15 if Prom/Breakfast Bundle ticket not previously purchased.
- If Prom/Breakfast Bundle purchased, seniors should be prepared to show the ticket image on their phone taken at the time of purchase for entry.
Friday, June 9
REHEARSAL – Mandatory to walk at Commencement
WHS Theatre, 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
WHS Seniors only! Dress is casual.
Tuesday, June 13
COMMENCEMENT! Pop Keeney Stadium, 6:00 p.m.
- Seniors must be dropped off at WHS by 2:45 p.m.
- Guest admission by ticket only (all ages over 2)
- Doors open at approximately 5:15 p.m.
Wednesday, June 28
DIPLOMA PACKET PICK-UP
Drive-thru event, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. See "Diploma Packet Drive-Thru Distribution Event" dropdown below for further information.
COMMENCEMENT DAY SCHEDULE
Tuesday, June 13 – 6:00 p.m.
Pop Keeney Stadium (by ticket only)
9809 NE 188th St, Bothell, WA 98011
Livestream Landing Page
2:45 p.m. Seniors must be dropped off at the WHS Main Office drop-off loop OR WHS Upper Senior Parking Lot via the 136th Ave NE entrance
5:15 p.m. Doors at Pop Keeney open (appx.)
6:00 p.m. Ceremony begins
7:30 p.m. Ceremony concludes (appx.)
1. Attend rehearsal Friday, June 9 to participate in the ceremony.
2. Be dropped off at WHS at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday, June 13. No parking is available for seniors’ vehicles at WHS June 13-14.
3. Ride district transportation to Pop Keeney from WHS.
4. Have a return ride home from Pop Keeney.
5. Bring their KELLY GREEN cap, gown, tassel, and stole* on an inexpensive hanger marked with their name June 13 at 2:45 p.m. (Gold NHS honor cord and one other WHS pre-approved nationally recognized club cord allowed.)
6. Masks are not required. If choosing to wear a mask, wear a disposable one, as a Falcon mask will be provided for the ceremony.
7. NOT bring any other personal items on the bus or to the ceremony such as backpacks, purses, phones, snacks, leis, other adornments, etc.
*Valedictorian stoles to be provided at Pop Keeney.
School for seniors does not officially end until the Commencement Exercises conclude on Tuesday, June 13. The final days of our seniors’ secondary education will be busy, interesting, important, and energizing while final coursework is completed and preparations are made for life after high school. The importance of all of this suggests a need for summarizing vital responsibilities and activities.
Requirements for Participating in Commencement Exercises
Satisfactorily completing all Northshore School District and State of Washington graduation requirements and participating in the commencement rehearsal are prerequisites for participation in the Commencement Ceremony. Additionally, students must clear all fines and obligations. A few days before the final day of classes, seniors’ teachers are charged with the responsibility of inspecting and assessing the damage to equipment, supplies, and/or books and adding those items to the fine list, if necessary. Please check at home and return all devices, device bags, chargers, and hotspots by Tuesday, June 6 and all textbooks, library books, uniforms, locks, cameras, photography and art supplies, miscellaneous equipment, and any other property that belong to the Northshore School District to the staff member who checked it out to the student, no later than Wednesday, June 7.
Commencement Expectations & Responsibilities
Student, parent, and guardian cooperation in making this year’s Commencement Ceremony a successful endeavor is expected and appreciated. The administration, faculty, and staff have given the Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2023 considerable thought and planning. The wish for our seniors’ final appearance as a Woodinville High School Falcon is an event that will leave students, parents, guardians, grandparents, relatives, and friends proud.
Continuing the WHS tradition of excellence and pride, we are focused on making the ceremony a memorable and dignified event. We are asking that all seniors, parents, guardians, and guests join in this focus. The ceremony itself is honorable and one of “pomp and circumstance”. It is the expectation of the Northshore School District that all students will follow school rules before, during, and after the Commencement Ceremony. Graduates will be expected to behave appropriately and with respect throughout the ceremony. Please assist us by making sure any items that may take away from the ceremony (e.g., silly string, firecrackers, beach balls, noisemakers, confetti, etc.) are not brought to the ceremony. Students, parents, and guardians will be monitored for these items, other inflatables, or anything on their person that could cause a disruption to the ceremony.
The moment when a student’s name is read is a milestone that will only happen once in a person’s lifetime – the culmination of 13 years of schooling. This moment is of significant importance to each graduate’s parents, guardians, and guests. In an effort to provide a respectful moment for each of our graduates and their families, we are asking that you refrain from excessive celebrating when student names are called so everyone has the opportunity to be proud and to hear their senior’s name. The celebration portion of the ceremony will take place following the traditional “turning of the tassel” at the completion of the formal ceremony. Then let’s cheer in unity and support of our 2023 graduates with Falcon spirit and pride!
Policy on Substance Use
Any student who is found to have been using alcohol or other drugs at senior end-of-the-year events, extra-curricular activities, or on graduation day will not be allowed to participate in the events and/or the Commencement Ceremony.
School continues for underclassmen June 14-20. Seniors are reminded not to return to the WHS campus except for previously scheduled activities or to be working with designated instructors.
Pop Keeney Stadium Entry & Prohibited Items
The main doors of Pop Keeney will open at approximately 5:15 p.m. Guests, please have your tickets in hand for entry. Tickets will not be available for purchase at the door*. Masks are not required. Balloons, backpacks, oversized bags, outside food and beverages, glass containers, confetti (including silly string or similar items), bottles, cans, glass (including vases), coolers, helmets, chains, spikes, tents, laser pointers, fireworks, weapons, animals or pets (except ADA), INFLATABLES and NOISEMAKERS and AIR HORNS are not allowed. There will be no re-entry into the stadium. There is no access to the field before or during the ceremony.
*See "Commencement Tickets" below for further information.
Due to health and safety guidelines, the Pop Keeney concession stand will not be open for the Commencement Ceremony. No open containers are allowed (please do not bring in any food or beverages). Seniors should have a healthy meal prior to arriving at WHS at 2:45 p.m. A light snack will be available for seniors prior to the ceremony.
Senior Awards Night & Cap and Gown, Stole, Tickets, and Yearbook Distribution
All seniors are cordially invited to attend Senior Awards Night on Thursday, June 1, 6:30 p.m. in the WHS Main Gym.
Seniors must arrive at the Aux Gym by 6:00 p.m. to line up.
Senior Awards Night is as a way to honor, recognize, and provide a social environment for the entire graduating class and their loved ones. The excitement of seeing future graduates acknowledged by faculty, picking up their cap and gown, smiling as they sign yearbooks, and making memories with one another is a highlight. As some seniors and parents/guardians wonder, seniors typically dress well for this event (dress shirts, slacks, dresses, etc.).
At approximately 8:15 p.m., after the presentation of the yearbook to the class and the ceremony concludes, the initial distribution of caps, gowns, stoles*, tickets, and yearbooks takes place. Refreshments are also available at that time compliments of the WHS PTSA and the Class of 2024.
For the cap, gown, stole, and ticket distribution:
Seniors ONLY go to the Commons to pick up the items.
- Items are not available for pick up prior to the end of the Senior Awards Night Ceremony on Thursday, June 1.
- Seniors also pick up 5 complimentary Commencement Ceremony tickets in the Commons while picking up their caps, gowns, stoles, and yearbooks.
- Fines and fees must be paid or cleared prior to picking up the items.
If a senior is unable to be at Senior Awards Night or is unavailable to attend the distribution event that starts after the ceremony ends:
- A friend or relative can pick up the cap, gown, stole, and 5 complimentary tickets; however, a signed note from the parent/guardian must be provided to Jostens/WHS at the point of pick up. The individual picking up the items will be required to provide the note and sign for the items, relieving Jostens and WHS of responsibility if they should become lost or misplaced.
- Caps and gowns and 5 complimentary tickets not picked up after the Senior Awards Night Ceremony concludes will be available at the Cashier’s/Main Office before school, during lunches, and after school Friday, June 2 or later.
1. All students must have a photo ID to pick up the yearbook (any photo ID works, including on the student's phone).
2. Only the student or parent/guardian of the student may pick up the yearbook. No notes, no emails, no phone calls will be accepted. If there is some sort of emergency, contact an administrator.
3. Yearbooks for seniors who do not pick them up the evening of Thursday, June 1, will have them available Friday, June 2 ONLY from Mrs. Alder in room 238 before school, during lunches and after school.
4. After Friday, June 2, senior yearbooks will be available for pick up on Wednesday, June 7 during Beach Day Distribution.
5. All fines/fees must be satisfied in order to pick up yearbooks.
*Valedictorian stoles will be distributed at Pop Keeney Stadium Tuesday, June 13.
A ticket is required for each guest who attends Commencement over the age of 2. Seating is first come, first serve. Each graduate will receive 5 complimentary tickets that are available for pick up upon the conclusion of the Senior Awards Night Ceremony on Thursday, June 1. Complimentary tickets not picked up Thursday, June 1 will be available before school, during lunches, and after school at the Cashier’s/Main Office Friday, June 2 or later. Fines/fees must be paid or cleared to pick up the complimentary tickets.
Purchasing Additional Commencement Tickets
Additional Commencement tickets may be purchased at the Cashier’s/Main Office for $7.00 each after the Senior Awards Night Ceremony concludes Thursday, June 1 (approximately 8:15 p.m.).
- Commencement tickets will also be available for purchase for $7.00 each at the WHS Cashier's and Main Office:
- Friday, June 2 through Monday, June 12, 7:50 a.m. – 3:50 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 13, 7:50 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (Early office closure due to 11:00 a.m. dismissal.)
- Tickets can be purchased with cash, credit/debit card, or check payable to WHS.
- Fines/fees must be paid or cleared to purchase additional Commencement tickets.
Please plan ahead, as Commencement tickets will not be sold at Pop Keeney on Tuesday, June 13.
Transportation & Parking Information for Seniors June 13-14
Graduating seniors must be dropped off at the WHS Main Office drop-off loop OR the Upper Senior Parking Lot via the 136th Ave NE entrance by 2:45 p.m. Tuesday, June 13. This is the last time parents and guardians will have contact with their student until after the ceremony at Pop Keeney ends at approximately 7:30 p.m.
- ALL seniors are transported to the ceremony at Pop Keeney Stadium via NSD buses from WHS.
- Upon being dropped off at WHS, seniors will walk to the WHS Bus Zone for check in with their cap, gown, tassel, and stole on an inexpensive hanger.
- Upon completion of the Commencement Ceremony seniors are released to reunite with their parents/guardians who are responsible for transporting their graduate home from the stadium.
Onsite parking at WHS is not available for seniors’ vehicles during the day or overnight June 13 through June 14.
Graduation attire in accordance with our “One Falcon, One Family” belief:
- A KELLY GREEN cap and gown, along with a 2023 class stole* and tassel.
- Gold NHS honor cord and one other WHS pre-approved cord from a nationally recognized club are allowed.
- Flower leis and/or any other adornments are not allowed during the ceremony. Parents/Guardians are welcome to bring other adornments for picture taking when graduates and parents are reunited after the ceremony concludes.
- Tape, signs, flowers, and/or other decorations are NOT permitted on the cap or gown.
- Masks are not required. Seniors choosing to wear a mask should wear a disposable one, as a Falcon mask will be provided for the ceremony.
Recommended clothing for Commencement Day
- Recommended clothing includes dress shirts, ties, dresses, skirts, dress pants, and blouses.
- Dresses worn under the gown should not show at the gown’s neckline or below the hemline of the gown. To avoid tripping, long dresses should not be worn.
- Seniors should avoid jeans or tennis shoes.
- No heels will be allowed in the stadium on the turf. Flats MUST be worn.
Care of gown:
- As soon as possible, place the gown on a hanger and allow it to hang until Commencement day (this permits wrinkles to straighten out and should eliminate the need for pressing). The gown (and cap/tassel/stole*) must be brought to WHS June 13 at 2:45 p.m. on an inexpensive hanger marked with the senior’s name. Seniors do not have access or time to retrieve the hanger or other personal items after the ceremony concludes.
- If necessary, press with a cool to lukewarm iron. Be careful! A hot iron will melt the fabric!
- Seniors keep their gowns, caps, tassels, and stoles after the ceremony. They are not returned to Jostens.
- If regalia is needed, please contact Jostens at 360-653-9102 or Mrs. Schwans at firstname.lastname@example.org. For financial assistance, please contact the student’s counselor.
*Valedictorian stoles will be distributed at Pop Keeney Stadium.
Personal Items/Valuables – Secure Storage Not Available
There is no secure storage at Pop Keeney Stadium.
- Seniors must NOT bring personal items such as backpacks, purses, make-up bags, phones, cameras, extra clothes, snacks, leis, and/or other non-allowed adornments, etc. to the ceremony (see “Graduation Regalia” above)*.
- Seniors do not have access or time to retrieve any items from Pop Keeney Stadium after the recessional.
- Personal items, valuables, phones, and/or items a senior may want after the ceremony must be kept by parents/guardians and provided to their senior when they reunite upon conclusion of the ceremony.
- Woodinville High School will not be held responsible for any items that are lost, stolen, or not returned.
*Students with medical needs can bring approved medical supplies. Contact Nurse Christie Callahan or Assistant Principal Ron Taylor with questions or concerns. Complimentary feminine products will be available for students in need.
Picture Taking and GradImages
Guests are welcome to take pictures from their seats. Guests will not be permitted on the stage or on the field to take pictures before or during the ceremony, without exception. Upon conclusion of the ceremony, a designated area on the south portion of the field will be available for pictures. (The end opposite of the stage.) During this time, families and graduates may not be on the stage or other areas of the field.
With no obligation, “Grad Images” will take pictures of each graduate on the stage. Seniors are encouraged to pre-register on the GradImages website at: https://www.gradimages.com/registration/Register?ClientID=100263&OccasionRef=182894. Grad Images will ask students to complete a registration card before the ceremony. Students who do not pre-register or provide an email address on the registration card will be contacted by U.S. mail. Those who pre-register or provide an email address on the registration card will be contacted by email.
Parent Sponsored Grad Night Event
The Grad Night Event is sponsored by a group of senior parents and is not a Northshore School District or WHS sponsored event. Seniors attending the Grad Night Event will depart directly from the Red Robin/Famous Footwear parking lot in downtown Woodinville Tuesday, June 13 at 9:30 p.m. (18029 Garden Way NE, Woodinville, WA 98072). Pick up is at the same location at 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning, June 14. Please direct any questions regarding the Grad Night Event to the Senior Parent Group (Katie Morris or Susan Lampe at email@example.com).
Remember…overnight parking is NOT available at Woodinville High School for
any seniors, parents, or guardians June 13-14. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Directions and Parking for Pop Keeney Stadium – Tues, June 13, Ceremony starts at 6:00 p.m.
9809 NE 188th Street, Bothell, WA
The WHS ceremony starts at 6:00 p.m. sharp. Parking is limited at Pop Keeney. Please consider carpooling. Disabled parking spaces are limited. Tailgating will not be allowed. The best route to approach the stadium parking lot is Eastbound on NE 188th Street, as there will be no left turns into the parking lot from Westbound NE 188th Street. Please allow time to find parking and to then make your way to the main stadium entrance that will open at approximately 5:15 p.m. Signs and volunteers will be at the stadium to help direct you.
From North or South I-405
(To access Pop Keeney from Eastbound NE 188th Street):
- Take Exit 23 Westbound onto SR 522
- Follow SR 522 Westbound (past Bothell-Everett Highway/SR 527) and turn Right onto NE 180th St
- Turn Right onto 92nd Ave NE
- Turn Right onto NE 188th Street
- Pop Keeney’s parking lot entrance will be on your Right
Overflow parking will be available at:
- Bothell High School
9130 NE 180th St, Bothell, WA 98011
- Bothell United Methodist Church
18515 92nd Ave NE, Bothell, WA 98011
For further Pop Keeney entrance instructions and video driving directions, visit the district’s WHS graduation webpage at: https://www.nsd.org/graduation/class-of-2023/whs-class-of-2023
ADA/ASL Accommodations – Request by Wednesday, June 7
If you or one of your guests is in need of ADA and/or ASL accommodations at Pop Keeney Stadium, please utilize NSD’s ADA Guest Services form to learn more and to make your request by Wednesday, June 7. All requests made through this form will be processed first come, first serve. The request form can be found at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnRDtw9LWIwwJS--0-csVUxa2Q3rhnwTNuaxC3R61FmI1eiQ/viewform
Senior and Guest Seating & Reuniting After the Ceremony
Alphabetical seat assignments will place seniors on either the “GREEN” side of the stadium that borders the home stands or the “BLUE” side of the stadium that borders the visitor stands.
Seniors will be advised of their seat and which side they will be located at the REQUIRED Senior Class Meeting, Thursday, June 8, 8:45 a.m. at the WHS Theatre. The Senior Class Meeting is in preparation for the MANDATORY rehearsal that takes place Friday, June 9, 9:00-11:30 a.m. also at the WHS Theatre.
- Any updated seat assignments after rehearsal, only as needed, will also be posted on the WHS Class of 2023 webpage by the end of the day on Monday, June 12. Students would also be contacted by phone.
- As alphabetical seat assignments may need to be adjusted on site if a scheduled senior is unable to be at the ceremony, your understanding of possible seating adjustments Tuesday, June 13 is appreciated.
- Seating for guests is first come, first serve by ticket only (See "Commencement Tickets" dropdown above for further information).
- Please remain seated and quiet throughout the ceremony.
- Following the ceremony, photos may be taken in the designated area at the south portion of the field, opposite of the stage (the stage is off limits at all times).
- Please do not save seats for others.
- Please turn off or silence all cell phones and devices.
- Persons causing disruptions to the ceremony will be asked to leave.
- Guests are not allowed on the field before or during the ceremony at any time.
Conclusion of the Ceremony
Pop Keeney will allow a maximum of 30 minutes for post-ceremony meet and greets. The field must be clear by 8:00 p.m. Guests exit their seats and reunite with their graduate on the paved walkways surrounding the perimeter of the field or at a pre-determined destination outside the stadium. Additionally, a designated area on the south portion of the field will be available for pictures upon conclusion of the ceremony. This is the end opposite of the stage. Families and students may not be on the stage or other areas of the field.
Exiting the Stadium
Families and graduates will exit out the stadium into the parking lot no later than 8:00 p.m.
Diploma Packet Drive-Thru Distribution Event
Graduates are presented with a diploma cover at the Commencement Ceremony. Pending official verification all credits and graduation requirements have been met, diplomas, along with transcripts and other documentation, will be available for pick up at the Main Office Loop drive-thru event beginning Wednesday, June 28, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Thank you for ensuring all outstanding devices have been returned by June 6 and textbooks and other materials have been returned by June 7.
- All fines and fees must be paid or cleared before the diploma will be released.
- Fines and fees can be paid online through the parent TouchBase accounts or checks can be made payable to WHS and mailed to: WHS at 19819 136th Ave NE, Woodinville, WA 98072, Attn: Bookkeeper.
- If you should need your TouchBase username or password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All fines and fees must be paid or cleared before the diploma will be released.
- Student immunization records for our graduating seniors will be included in the diploma packets.
- If your immunization record is not in your diploma packet, you may register your child at https://wa.myir.net/rorl to receive a .pdf of your child's Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form. You will find this information on the nurse's letter in your packet.
- Please make arrangements to pick up the packet, as diplomas are often a piece of documentation needed in the graduate’s near future.
- ·As diplomas are not reproducible and the packets contain sensitive information, the packet must be picked up and signed for by the graduate or the graduate’s parent/guardian. Friends of the graduate are not authorized.
Summer hours for pick up after June 28 are Wednesday, July 12 & 19 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the WHS Main Office.
NSD Student Google Drive & Email Accounts
A reminder, if seniors have any important files saved in their NSD Student Google Drive, remember to transfer the important files to your personal account. Google Drive and NSD email accounts will remain active for one year after graduation. After that period, they will be deleted! Google makes it easy at https://takeout.google.com/.
Rehearsal/Seating Assignments/Walking at Ceremony
Senior Class Officers