Senior Awards Night & Cap, Gown, Ticket, & Yearbook Distribution - Thurs, June 1
Thursday, June 1
Seniors report to the Aux Gym at 6:00 p.m.
Ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m. in the WHS Main Gym
Seniors and their families are cordially invited to attend Senior Awards Night June 1, 6:30 p.m. in the WHS gymnasium.
Senior Awards Night is as a way to honor, recognize, and provide a social environment for the entire graduating class and their loved ones. The excitement of seeing future graduates acknowledged by faculty, picking up their cap and gown, smiling as they sign yearbooks, and making memories with one another is a highlight. (As some seniors and parents/guardians wonder, seniors typically dress well for this event (dress shirts, slacks, dresses, etc.)
June 1 – Initial Cap/Gown/Ticket & Yearbook Distribution: Upon the conclusion of the Senior Awards Night Ceremony (at approximately 8:15 p.m.), refreshments are available, and seniors will head to the Commons to pick up caps, gowns, and/or their yearbooks.*
Additionally, seniors pick up 5 complimentary Commencement Ceremony tickets in the Commons while picking up their caps/gowns.
- Additional Commencement Ceremony tickets may be purchased at the Cashier’s and Main Office for $7 after the ceremony concludes.
- Commencement tickets will also be available for $7 each at the Cashier's and Main Office:
- Friday, June 2 through Monday, June 12, 7:50 a.m. – 3:50 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 13, 7:50 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (Early office closure due to 11:00 a.m. dismissal.)
- Tickets will not be sold at Pop Keeney Stadium on June 13!
- Please note that fines/fees must be cleared or paid for seniors to pick up their items and/or purchase additional Commencement tickets.
*If a senior is unable to be at Senior Awards Night, a friend or relative can pick up the cap, gown, and 5 complimentary tickets; however, a signed note from the parent/guardian must be provided to Jostens/WHS. The individual picking up the items will be required to sign for them, relieving Jostens and WHS of responsibility if they should become lost or misplaced.
- All students must have a photo ID to pick up the book (any photo ID works, this includes on the student's phone).
- Only the student or parents of the student may pick up the yearbook. No notes, no emails, no phone calls will be accepted. If there is some sort of emergency, contact an administrator.
- All fines/fees must be satisfied in order to pick up yearbooks on the appropriate day.
Yearbooks for seniors who do not pick them up the evening of June 1, will have them available Friday June 2 ONLY from Mrs. Alder in room 238 before school, during lunches and after school.
After Friday, June 2 seniors will pick up yearbooks on Wednesday, June 7 during Beach Day Distribution to pick up their yearbook.
Counseling Office Manager
7:50 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
Sarah Brenner, Counseling Department Head
Senior Survey & Scholarship Reporting
College and Career Counselor