Class of 2019
WHS Commencement 2019
Monday, June 17, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
Angel Of The Winds Arena, 2000 Hewitt Ave, Everett, WA 98201
Monday, June 17, 2019 (12:50 p.m. dismissal for NCHS and WHS only)
- 3:30pm – North Creek HS
- 7:00pm - Woodinville HS
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 (12:50 p.m. dismissal for IHS and BHS only)
- 3:30pm – Inglemoor HS
- 7:00pm – Bothell HS
Commencement Exercises are approximately 2 hours in length.
All graduates at each of the NSD high schools will wear their primary school-colored gown and will be seated alphabetically.
Senior Class News
Commencement Ceremony Alphabetical Seating Assignments
Seniors, learn your alphabetical commencement seating assignment.
- Revised June 14, 2019, 7:38 p.m.
- Subject to change!
Recheck the website Monday, June 17.
- As seating is alphabetical, if any students do not show to walk at the ceremony, seating assignments will shift.
- Due to timing, we would be unable to post an updated roster.
- If any students cannot be at the arena Monday, please contact Mrs. Schwans at email@example.com no later than Sunday!
Commencement Rehearsal, MANDATORY, WHS Theater, Friday, June 14, 9-11 a.m.
All seniors participating at the June 17 Commencement Ceremony MUST attend rehearsal on Friday, June 14, 9-11 a.m. in the WHS Theater. Seniors who have any questions about this must contact Mrs. Schwans ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org or see her in Office 716.
Commencement Day, Monday, June 17!
DROP-OFF and REUNIFICATION!
Monday the 17th, seniors must be dropped off at the WHS Parent Drop-Off Loop off by 4:00 p.m. to be transported by District bus to Angel Of The Winds Arena in Everett for the ceremony. Seniors must ride District transportation to the arena and then have a return ride home if they are not going to the Grad Night Event. We anticipate the ceremony that starts at 7:00 p.m. will last approximately 2 hours at the most. Please note that onsite parking at WHS is not available for seniors’ vehicles after rehearsal ends June 14th through June 18th during the day or overnight.
Review the WHS Grad Guide for further Commencement Day details and to establish a REUNIFICATION PLAN! See page 5 for suggested options to reunite graduates with family and/or friends!
Woodinville High School's Graduation Guide: Information for Woodinville High School Seniors and their Parents/Guardians, filled with valuable information regarding the Commencement Ceremony and the special and important activities and events leading up until graduation, is now available online! Parents and guardians of seniors can expect a copy to arrive in the mail at the beginning of May.
Graduating Seniors! "Takeout" your Google Drive, and save all of your hard work!
Google Drive and NSD email accounts will remain active for one year after graduation. After that period, they will be deleted. So, use this summer to get a head start on transferring your important files to your personal account. Google makes it easy at takeout.google.com. If you have any questions see Ms. K in 272 or email email@example.com.
Caps and gowns and 5 complimentary tickets not picked up during the Senior Awards Night reception will be available during lunches and after school June 7 or later. Medallions will be distributed at the Arena on June 17.
Seniors who did not pick up their yearbook the evening of June 6, or during lunches June 7, will have their book available for pick up during Beach Day distribution on June 12.
Seniors will receive information about the Commencement Ceremony, will be advised of their alphabetical seat assignmensts (and if they are seated on the "GREEN" side or "BLUE" side of the arena) at the June 13, 8:00 a.m. REQUIRED Senior Class Meeting. Seniors should mark their calendars and arrive on time at the WHS Theater.
Moving Up Assembly & Senior Breakfast,
Thursday, June 13
June 13 is moving up day! Upon conclusion of the required 8:00 a.m. Senior Class Meeting at the WHS Theater, the seniors will join the underclassmen in the Main Gym for the Moving Up Assembly at 8:25 a.m. After the assembly, seniors attend Senior Breakfast that takes place from 9:55-11:25 a.m. in the Commons. Tickets for the breakfast will be available for purchase for $2 through June 12 at the Main/Cashier's Office before school, during Options, lunches, and after school. Senior Breakfast tickets are not sold during instructional time. Senior Breakfast is for Class of 2019 students only. For those interested, seniors typically dress well for these events.
Senior Class Commencement Meeting: Monday, April 29, WHS Commons, 9:38 a.m.
Senior Survey & Scholarship Reporting Due May 2
The Senior Survey and Scholarship Reporting must be completed by ALL SENIORS no later than May 2.
Information collected from the Senior Survey and the Scholarship Reporting process is used for a variety of purposes:
- Recognition at the June 6 Senior Awards Night Ceremony and within the printed Senior Awards Night program distributed that evening
- Commencement Ceremony participation
- Consent to release final official transcript to post-secondary colleges and universities, etc.
- WHS school profile data needed for post-secondary student applications, etc.
It is vital that seniors complete the Senior Survey and the Scholarship Reporting process on time due to publishing and printing deadlines.
You may view instructions for completing the Senior Survey and Scholarship Reporting here: https://woodinville.nsd.org/counseling/senior-survey-scholarship-reporting
- Commencement Tickets
- ADA Seating at Angel Of The Wind Arena
- Timeline - Meetings & Events
- Grad Images - Commencement Ceremony Photos
- Senior Class Transportation to Angel Of The Winds Arena
- Commencement Announcment Distribution (Jostens)
- Caps, Gown, Medallion, Announcement, & Ring Information - Jostens
A ticket is required for each guest who attends Commencement.
- Each graduate will receive 5 complimentary tickets.
- Additional tickets will be available for purchase at $5.00 per ticket.
- There is no limit on the number of extra tickets that can be purchased.
- Fines and fees must be cleared or paid to receive complimentary tickets or purchase additional tickets.
- A ticket is not required for children 5 and under.
- Complimentary tickets and additional tickets for purchase will be available after the Senior Awards Night ceremony ends at WHS June 6 (appx. 8:15 p.m.) and at the Cashier’s Office on school days June 7 - June 14 with cash or check payable to WHS.
- Online ticket sales will run from June 7 through June 14. Tickets purchased online will need to be picked up at the WHS Cashier’s Office with proof of purchase by the end of the school day June 14.
- Tickets will also be available for purchase at the Angel Of The Winds Arena main entrance June 17, 5:00 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. with cash or check ONLY payable to WHS.
- All seating is first come, first serve. Private boxes and suites are off limits to guests before, during and after the ceremony and will be monitored by Angel Of The Winds security.
- Contact Guest Services at Angel Of The Winds directly (425.322.2644) if you have specific concerns regarding ADA accommodations, as Angel Of The Winds oversees all guest entrance and seating of guests. Specific ticket purchases for ADA seating is not available for commencement ceremonies.
It is best to contact Guest Services at Angel Of The Winds Arena directly if you have specific concerns regarding ADA accommodations, as Angel Of The Winds Arena oversees all guest entrance and seating of guests. Specific ticket purchases for ADA seats is not available for commencement ceremonies.
- All seating is first come, first serve.
- Wheelchair accessible seating along with companion seating is available on all levels.
- Aisle seats are available to guests with limited mobility.
- Angel Of The Winds has 2 wheelchairs available by the northwest doors for those guests who need help reaching their seating location and Guest Services staff will assist with wheelchair escorts.
- Borrowed wheelchairs cannot be kept throughout the entire ceremony.
- One companion can enter through a separate entrance with the disabled guest at the SE doors which is at Lombard & Wall.
- ADA parking is available on Oakes Avenue and in the Snohomish County Parking Garage.
- Convenient drop off and pick up areas for guests are located along Hewitt Avenue and Oakes Street.
For further ADA seating related access information and inquiries, please contact Angel Of The Winds Arena at Everett at 425.322.2644.
View the complete Senior Timeline for the Class of 2019! Now found in the WHS Grad Guide.
Senior Class Meetings/Events*
April 29: Senior Class Meeting, WHS Commons, 9:38 a.m.
May 18: Prom, Pacific Science Center, 8-11 p.m.
May 30: NHS Induction Ceremony, WHS Gym, 6:30 p.m.
June 6: Senior Awards Night, WHS Gym, 6:30 p.m.
June 6: Cap & Gown/Yearbook Distribution, WHS Commons, Appx. 8:15pm (After the Senior Awards Night Ceremony concludes)
June 7: Cap & Gown Distribution (for those unable to attend the evening of June 6), Main Office Foyer, Lunches
June 10-11: Finals
June 12: Beach Day (Yearbook Distribution if not at Senior Awards Night), 11:25 a.m.
June 13: Senior Class Commencement Meeting, WHS Theater, 8:00 a.m.
June 13: Moving Up Assembly, WHS Gym, 8:25 a.m.
June 13: Senior Breakfast, WHS Commons (immediately following the Moving Up Assembly), 9:55 a.m.
June 14: Commencement Rehearsal, MANDATORY, WHS Gym, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
June 17: Commencement Ceremony, Angel Of The Winds Arena, 7 p.m.
June 17: Grad Night Event (immediately following Commencement Ceremony)
June 27: Diploma Packets available for pick up, WHS Main Office (Check the website for ongoing summer office hours)
PTSA Scholarships Available
Woodinville High School PTSA is offering scholarships to three graduating seniors in the class of 2019. The goal of these scholarships is to acknowledge academic achievements and contribution to the school/community through work or volunteer activities. One scholarship will be awarded based primarily on financial need.
Amount: $1,500 scholarships will be awarded to three students
Due: Friday, April 26, 2019
The application is available online at this link.
Class of 2019 Commencement Ceremony Photos: Pre-event Registration Available
Pre-event registration for senior photos taken by Grad Images at the Commencement Ceremony is available. With no obligation, Grad Images will take pictures of each graduate on the stage at Angel Of The Winds Arena. Registering ensures Grad Images can reach you with your proofs in a timely manner. Students who preregister or provide an email address will receive an email with a link directly to their proofs. Those who provide only a mailing address will be contacted by U.S. Mail. Grad Images will also ask students to complete a registration card just before the ceremony begins, as well.
SENIORS: Transportation to Angel Of The Winds Arena - June 17 at WHS, 4:00 p.m.
ALL seniors must be dropped off at the parent drop-off loop at WHS by 4:00 p.m. Monday, June 17 with their cap, gown, and tassel, marked with their name on a hangar.
Class medallions will be provided to ALL seniors at the Arena.
- ALL seniors MUST ride District transportation to Angel Of The Winds Arena from WHS.
- Seniors should eat a nourishing meal prior to arriving at WHS at 4:00 p.m.
- There is no overnight parking at WHS from the 14th to the 18th.
- Seniors not attending the Grad Night Event immediately following the ceremony must have a return ride home from Angel Of The Winds Arena.
- There is no return transportation to WHS from the Arena for any seniors after the ceremony.
- Seniors must not bring personal belongings on the bus or to Angel Of The Winds Arena, as there is no secure storage or time to retrieve items after the ceremony concludes by approximately 8:30 p.m.
- Personal include items such as backpacks, purses, phones, cameras, extra clothes, snacks, leis, and/or other non-allowed adornments, etc.
- Personal items, valuables, and/or items needed for seniors who are attending the Grad Night Event should be kept by parents/guardians to be provided to their graduate when they reunite after the ceremony. Woodinville High School will not be held responsible for any items that are lost, stolen, or not returned. (If needed, complimentary feminine products will be available for female seniors.)
Commencement Announcement Distribution: Thursday, March 28-29, WHS Commons, Lunches
Class of 2019 commencement announcements ordered in the fall from Jostens will be available for pick up March 28-29 in the Commons during lunches. Fines must be cleared to pick up the items.
If a senior is unable to be at school during lunch, a friend or relative can pick up the items; however, a signed note from the parent must be provided to Jostens. The individual picking up the items will be required to sign for them, relieving Jostens of responsibility if they should become lost or misplaced.
Questions? Contact Jostens at 360-653-9102.
Absent both days? Contact Mrs. Schwans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regalia for Commencement Ceremony
Caps, gowns, tassels & medallions!
Regalia required for participation at the Woodinville High School Class of 2019 Commencement Ceremony on June 17 includes a green cap, green gown, tassel, and WHS class medallion.
Students in need of financial assistance for regalia should contact their counselor.
The Group Order deadline was December 15, 2018, however orders can still be placed at Jostens.com.
If you are in need of a WHS class medallion only, use this order form.
Yearbook Senior Ads: Due Thursday, Dec. 6!
Celebrate family, friendships, activities, and achievements! Applaud your student's achievements with a tribute in the yearbook. Celebrate with words of congratulations, praise, and encouragement.
All senior ads submitted to the WHS yearbook will be created and paid for online through balfour.com. https://www.balfour.com/shop/yearbook?smi=84953 Opens a New Window.
- Full page ad $260
- 1/2 page ad $120
- 1/4 page ad $65
- 1/8 page ad $40
- Visit balfour.com & find our school
- Click Yearbook Ads and select ad size
- Create an account (name, email, & password)
- Enter student's first & last name, click Create New Ad
- Choose an ad design
- Upload photos & design ad
- Click Add to Cart & Checkout - Ad delivered to yearbook staff
- WHS reserves the right to edit ads based on school policy and yearbook guidelines
Have Questions? Call Balfour 1-800-944-5930
2018-2019 WHS Senior Photo Upload Instructions
DUE DATE: October 26, 2018
To upload your senior photo:
1. Go to: www.images.balfour.com
2. Enter our project number 925263 and password Falcons (This is case sensitive)
3. Enter your contact information email and phone number (if we need to contact you about your photo)
4. Browse and select one senior photo from your computer to upload
Senior Photo Reminders:
- Image should be in JPEG format
- Image uploaded should be a vertical headshot or head and shoulder shot
- Maximum file size is 20MB per image
- Cell phone photos and photos for the web are usually too small to reproduce in the yearbook. Please upload the original file from your photographer
- There is no need to resize your photo. All photos uploaded will be adjusted to fit the yearbook specifications.
5. Add a caption to your photo that includes the senior’s first and last name in the people in this photo section of the upload.
6. Click Begin Uploading to upload your image.
7. After uploading is complete, click Done. You will receive a confirmation.
Please note that you will not be able to purchase a yearbook using the link provided in the confirmation page. Please visit the WHS Yearbook website for information regarding ordering a yearbook.
Sharon Alder, Yearbook Adviser
Webpage updated: 06/14/19 7:16 p.m. ds