Summer Break and Running Start Enrollment
Wondering how to proceed with Running Start enrollment during summer break?
The final deadline to register for Running Start is August 27 and your student will be able to connect with their counselor during Falcon Days (currently scheduled for August 19 and 20) to get paperwork signed. In the interim, you can review the Running Start Cascadia website for information.
Most students start exploring Running Start in February (through June) when the registration process is underway at WHS. Due to COVID-19, the priority Running Start registration deadline was extended to July 16 (not usually the case---and priority meaning for students who were organized this spring and in June.) Students who did not reach out to their Counselor by their contracted day before summer break, have to wait until counselors return on August 18 for the August 27 submission.
New to Running Start?
- Only Class of 2021 and 2022 can participate in Running Start for 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- If you are a waiver student, you must return to your current school to participate in Running Start unless you take minimum 1 course per semester at WHS.
- You must first make sure you fill out a WHS registration form selecting 7 periods or 14 boxes, even if you plan on participating Full-time Running Start for 2020-2021 school year.
YOU WILL NEED TO MEET WITH YOUR COUNSELOR TO BE APPROVED!
Please email your counselor after April 13th indicating your interest.
Counselors will meet with students after we return April 24th.
Until that time you can go through the following steps!
Step 1: Go to the Community College Running Start website, follow their step-by-step instructions, read thoroughly. Begin the registration process if you are ready.
- Bellevue Community College
- Cascadia Community College
- Edmonds Community College
- Everett Community College
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Step 2: Please download the 2020-2021 Running Start Packet and follow the directions.
Click Here for Running Start Packet!
Step 3: If you have questions about Running Start credits transferring to a 4-year college, go to the
college website of choice and review transferable credits.
NEW Students DO NOT contact MRS. KROCHMALNY until you have TALKED TO YOUR COUNSELOR!
CURRENT RUNNING START STUDENTS ONLY
Please email your counselor.
- Spring 2020 Quarterly Release Form NOW!! (Click here to download)
- Let me know what you are currently taking Winter 2020
- Fall 2020 Quarter Release Form NOW!! (Click here to download packet)
- Make sure you have filled out a WHS Registration form as though you are attending WHS 2020-2021 Full time. (see packet)
- Let me know what you passed Winter 2020 and what classes you have signed up for Spring 2020
- Are you going part-time Running Start and Part-time Woodinville?
- Fill in what courses you'd like to take under "Suggested Courses."
- I will not sign your Fall Quarterly Release Form without 20-21- Contract (see Fall 2020 Packet)
- Make sure you sign up for Remind Class of 2021(see packet).