Juniors, sophomores, and freshmen who took the PSAT/NMSQT in October can access their scores through their online College Board account starting December 12.
- Students who included an email address on their answer sheet will be emailed their access code from the College Board.
- If a student does not have a College Board account, they can sign up for one at any time.**
- Students who do not receive an emailed access code can still go to their College Board account, click to get their scores, and provide information to find their scores.
If students are having trouble accessing their released scores:
- They may need to update their account information. Students can log in to the student score portal and follow the instructions to verify their account.
- Students can learn how to use their PSAT/NMSQT access code to verify their account by logging in to the student score portal.
- Does the student have another College Board account? The student or a parent could have made it. Log out and log back in using the other account.
For more help, College Board customer support can be contacted at 866-433-7728, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. – 4 p.m. PST.
WHS should be receiving paper copies of the Score Reports from the College Board after winter break. Score Reports will then be provided to students, along with a brief tutorial, during Options in the Theater January 15-17.
If students should have further questions regarding PSAT/NMSQT scores, they can email Sarah Brenner or Denise Schwans. Thank you!
**Students should sign up for their own account (with their corresponding email address) that they will continue to access throughout their high school career.
Their name should match the name they used when they tested.
Parents must not create an account on their student’s behalf. If email addresses do not match or two accounts are established for the same student, for example, students may have difficulties obtaining their scores.