Monday we are on a 7-Period Schedule #2
Tuesday we are on a 7-Period Schedule #2
PSAT October 16, 2019: Juniors, Sophomores, & Freshmen:
Continuing with our commitment to our students’ college readiness and our ongoing improvement efforts, Woodinville High School will administer the PSAT/NMSQT (Preliminary Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) to freshmen who opted in and to all juniors and sophomores on October 16, 2019.
- The $13 fee for juniors and sophomores is due September 20 and can be paid online through TouchBase.
- Freshmen had the option to order a test booklet by paying the $13 fee by September 9.
- If there are extra test booklets available after accommodating any newly enrolled WHS sophomores and juniors (and WHS freshmen who registered by September 9), Woodinville High School will offer a limited number of tests for non-WHS students during a September 27 through October 4 window on an in-person ONLY, first-come, first-served basis. WHS freshmen will be allowed to register during that window, as well; however, do note there is not a guarantee there will be extra booklets available to offer non-WHS students or freshmen who didn't register by the September 9 due date. The fee for WHS freshmen will remain at $13. The fee for non-WHS students is $23.
Testing students are encouraged to read and familiarize themselves with the contents of the College Board's Fall 2019 PSAT/NMSQT Student Guide. The booklet will answer all of the student’s questions regarding the test. It also has a practice test, allowing students the opportunity to preview the exam.
If you should have any questions about the PSAT, please contact your counselor.
Wrestling Booster Club selling WHS slides!
To order, send your payment for $20.00 per pair via PayPal to the Wrestling Boosters at paypal.me/wwbctreas.
- In the note field on PayPal, enter the name of the person who will pick up the slides from Resource Officer Wicklund's office here at WHS.
- Contact Officer Wicklund at 206-255-7702 to arrange a pick up time.
- There are 4 sizes available - the right size can be chosen at pick up.
- If you would like to purchase a pair as a gift, indicate that in the note field and the Wrestling Boosters will find a way to get the slides to you.
All proceeds go to Woodinville Wrestling Boosters in support of the boys and girls wrestling teams. If you have any questions, please contact the Wrestling Boosters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The student store is now open in the mornings as well as options and both lunches. Come get coffee, tea, smoothies and exclusive falcon merchandise! We hope to see you this week at the Nest! If you're lucky you may receive a hug from our very own Woodinville Kicker, Blake Glessner!
Yearbooks are on sale through September 20 and can easily be purchased by parents/guardians online through TouchBase. Students should check the "Yearbook Purchased" list on the wall outside the Cashier's Office to see if they purchased one during Falcon Days. Students are reminded if more than one yearbook is purchased there will be NO REFUNDS given. If two yearbooks are purchased, the student will receive two books, not one book and a refund for the other.
Chess Club welcomes all levels of chess players to stop by after school on Fridays and Mondays in room 334. In addition to playing classic engaging chess, we have fun chess variants that you should come and try. If you are interested in chess club, please visit us in room 334 on any Friday or Monday after school.
Woodinville High School GSA:
The Woodinville High School GSA, formerly known as the LGBTQ+ Unity Club, will be holding its first meeting on Thursday, 9/19, from 2:45-3:45 in Room 234. We'll get to know each other, learn what the club is about, create some ground rules, and discuss future events. ALL students are welcome to attend. We hope to see you there!
NSD will be providing after school activity buses on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from the high schools starting Thursday, September 5 for the 2019-20 school year. Buses will depart from the high school at 4:00 p.m. each day. Up to 50 students can ride the activity bus
Students will need to come into the Main Office: before school, during Options, or during lunches to get an Activity Bus Pass each day they need to ride the activity bus with a parent/guardian signed note. Activity Bus passes are issued on a first-come, first-served basis due to the limited number of seats.
Many colleges are sending information to students here at school. If you think you may be getting information from a college, please check with the main office to see if there is anything addressed to you.
Senior Ethan Wu has received recognition as a National Merit Semifinalist and will now be considered for National Merit Finalist status and the opportunity to receive a National Merit Scholarship next spring! This is no easy feat, as he was selected from approximately 1.5 million students who participated in the PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying test last October in his junior year!