Distance Learning Attendance
Student attendance is taken every class period during Distance Learning.
- Teachers will be taking attendance during each period.
- Students are required to attend the entire live Zoom lessons for each period to be considered present.
- If a student is unable to attend the live zoom, a parent needs to contact the Attendance Office via email at email@example.com to excuse their student from class. The student needs to follow up with their teacher via email, zoom, Schoology, etc. to receive the work they missed.
- If a student was marked absent in error, they need to reach out to the teacher of record to request the absence to be cleared.
Student Success & What Parents Can Do to Help
Woodinville High School wants your student to be successful! Parents and guardians can help their student by promoting and encouraging regular, punctual attendance.
Every effort will be made to record attendance notifications received by 2:30 PM throughout the school week. Notifications received after 2:30 PM will be recorded the next school day. Parents and guardians can view attendance by logging in to ParentVUE.
What parents can do to help...
Certain attendance practices completed throughout the school year by parents/guardians and students greatly help their son or daughter and themselves as they near the end of the grading period and face attendance appeals:
- Parents/guardians contacting the Attendance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org within two school days of any absences and indicate the reason for the absence.
- Maintaining a record of absences and the reasons on a calendar throughout the school year.
- Providing doctor's notes for medical, dental or orthodontic visits as they happen during the school year.
Following up immediately when a student has been absent is important and helpful to all parties.
For a complete copy of WHS's attendance policy refer to page 19 of your student's copy of the 2020-21 Student Handbook.
We are here to help! Please contact the Attendance Office at email@example.com if you have any questions about our policy or your student's attendance.
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
*Doctor's notes confirming medical and dental appointments can be faxed directly from the doctor's office.
Upon request, a copy of a student's attendance profile can be obtained from the Attendance Office.
The profile identifies the dates and periods a student has missed school and indicates whether or not an absence has been excused.