Distance Learning Attendance
Student attendance is taken every class period during Distance Learning.
- It is the responsibility of each individual student to complete the appropriate Google Attendance Form each period on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Students have from 30 minutes before to 30 minutes after each class period, outlined in the daily instructional schedule, to complete their daily Google Attendance Form or they will be marked absent.
- This is the only way that attendance is being recorded for each period.
- Students will be prompted to log into their NSD @apps.nsd.org account to access the Google Attendance Forms.
- Students who can't attend or login during the attendance windows should reach out and connect directly with their teacher.
See the drop down menu below for the Google Attendance Form links.
Student Success & What Parents Can Do to Help
Woodinville High School wants your student to be successful! Parents and guardians can help their student by promoting and encouraging regular, punctual attendance and ensuring their student submits the Google Attendance Form for each period throughout Distance Learning.
Every effort will be made to record attendance notifications received by 2:30 PM throughout the school week. Notifications received after 2:30 PM will be recorded the next school day. Parents and guardians can view attendance by logging in to ParentVUE.
What parents can do to help...
Certain attendance practices completed throughout the school year by parents/guardians and students greatly help their son or daughter and themselves as they near the end of the grading period and face attendance appeals:
- Parents/guardians contacting the Attendance Office at email@example.com within two school days of any absences and indicate the reason for the absence.
- Maintaining a record of absences and the reasons on a calendar throughout the school year.
- Providing doctor's notes for medical, dental or orthodontic visits as they happen during the school year.
Following up immediately when a student has been absent is important and helpful to all parties.
For a complete copy of WHS's attendance policy refer to page 19 of your student's copy of the 2019-20 Student Handbook.
We are here to help! Please contact the Attendance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our policy or your student's attendance.
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
*Doctor's notes confirming medical and dental appointments can be faxed directly from the doctor's office.
Upon request, a copy of a student's attendance profile can be obtained from the Attendance Office.
The profile identifies the dates and periods a student has missed school and indicates whether or not an absence has been excused.