Parking Applications are available from Assistant Principal Richardson at Falcon Days and then from the campus supervisor in the WHS Main Office after school starts. Applications received at Falcon Days will be processed after school starts by the campus supervisor.
Applications are not available online.
- Parking on the WHS campus is limited.
- Students who plan to park on campus must purchase a parking permit and have their hanger clearly displayed to avoid a ticket.
- Beginning Friday, September 14th, students must have a valid WHS 2018-2019 parking permit (hanger) in their car to park on the WHS campus.
- Students who do not have a parking hanger on September 14th must park on the street until it is purchased.
Please see the WHS Campus Parking Info below that outlines the general parking information, as well as the Priority Parking Plan.
ON-CAMPUS STUDENT PARKING
Completed parking applications for the 2018-19 school year were due on June 11th. An advance list for students pre-approved to purchase a parking permit will be available mid-August.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL OUTSTANDING FINES MUST BE PAID TO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A PARKING HANGER. Payment for pre-approved parking passes will be accepted on-line starting in mid-August and during Falcon Days with cash or check. Payment can also be made once school begins.
- If an application has been submitted for the 2018-19 school year, but the student ID# is not seen on the advanced approval list, please be aware applications will be processed and approved again once school starts.
- Parking applications for juniors involved in WHS cut sports will be approved for a parking permit after the sports rosters are available at the beginning of the school year.
Application forms will be available to pick up at Falcon Days in August. Late applications will be accepted starting the first day of school.
- A photocopy of current auto insurance and driver's license must be included with the application.
- Please be aware that parking on campus is limited and a lottery may be held for remaining parking spots in the upcoming fall season.
General Parking Information
Student parking is a privilege. WHS encourages carpooling.
- All students wishing to park in the WHS lots must have a parking application on file.
- Parking permits are issued according to the Priority Parking Plan outlined below.
- A lottery for remaining parking spots may be conducted each season for students on the waiting list.
- Extenuating circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The purchase of a parking hanger does not guarantee you a spot every day.
- All parking is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- AM/PM WaNIC/Health Sciences/Running Start students have priority in designated parking areas in the 600 Student Parking and Lower Student Parking lots.
- Seniors with WANIC/Health Science/Running Start class where there is no district shuttle offered.
- Juniors with WANIC/Health Science/Running Start class where there is no district shuttle offered.
- Seniors who participate in after school sanctioned sports and pre-approved after school activities.
- Juniors who participate in after school sanctioned sports and pre-approved after school activities.
- Seniors who have waivers or work after school.
Q: How many parking spaces are available for hanger purchases by students?
A: Approximately 440 for the 2018-19 school year.
Q: Who has ticket and towing jurisdiction for cars parked on the street in front of the school?
A: Woodinville Police Department.
Q: What will happen if I park in the adjacent neighborhoods?
A: Ticketed by police and/or towed at owner's expense if parked on curbs, sidewalks, or parked against the flow of traffic.
Q: What happens if I don't pay my parking tickets?
A: Your diploma, transcript, yearbook, and/or optional graduation supplies are withheld and you cannot participate in extra-curricular activities when parking fines (or any fines/fees) are unpaid at the time of the activity (i.e., fall/winter/spring sports participation, club competitions, homecoming dance, prom, Commencement Ceremony, etc.).
Q: What are the top four reasons students receive parking tickets at WHS?
- Hangers not displayed on mirrors
- Parked in the Staff lot
- Parked in the Visitor lot
- Parked in two spots
Q: What will happen if I park in the handicapped zone with or without a valid parking hanger?
A: You will receive a ticket and will be towed at your own expense.
Q: Whom do students and/or parents contact when there is a concern or question regarding parking?
A: Email Campus Supervisor Jeani Schwenk:email@example.com
**IMPORTANT: Parking Hanger Return Information**
All WHS parking hangers are due back at either the end of the season for seasonal permits or by the end of the school year for yearlong permits.
A $25 fine is assessed for any hanger not returned.
- Seniors must pay all outstanding fines and fees to receive a diploma.
- Juniors must pay all fines to receive a hanger for the next year.