IMPORTANT PARKING INFORMATION
- Students wishing to park on campus must have a valid 2019-2020 WHS parking permit (hanger) in their car as of September 11th.
- Students who do not have a hanger must park on the street until it is purchased.
- Students who are already approved and have not yet purchased and/or picked up a hanger, please do so immediately.
- A limited amount of parking permits is still available for seniors and juniors. Please pick up an application at the Campus Supervisor’s window if still needing to apply for parking on campus. Remember to include a photocopy of current insurance and driver’s license when turning in completed application.
- Students are encouraged to ride the school bus or carpool for space and environmental reasons.
PARKING INFORMATION FOR THE
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
The deadline to turn in parking applications for early pre-approval for the 2019-20 school year closed at the end of the 2018-19 school year, as announced.
The cost of parking hangers is $130 per year/$55 per seasonal sport/activity. The purchase of a parking hanger does not guarantee students a parking space every day. All parking is on a first-come, first-served basis in designated student parking areas. Parking on the WHS campus is limited.
Parking applications for the 2019-20 school year were again available again at the parking table at Falcon Days with Mr. Richardson August 21 and 22, as well as beginning September 4 at the campus supervisor window with Ms. Schwenk.
Parking applications accepted at Falcon Days and once school started were approved during the first week of school according to the priority parking plan found on the application (also outlined under the "Priority Parking Plan" link below).
Students who had a parking hanger in previous years and did not return it, must do so immediately. A $25 fine has been assessed for any student who has not turned any previous years' hanger. All fines and fees must be paid to receive a parking hanger for the upcoming year.
Beginning Wednesday, September 11th, students must have a valid WHS 2019-2020 parking permit (hanger) in their car to park on the WHS campus. Students are strongly encouraged to ride the school bus or carpool for space and environmental reasons. Students who do not have a parking hanger on September 11th must park on the street until it is purchased.
Payment for students pre-approved to purchase a WHS parking hanger were available to be paid online starting Tuesday, August 20th. Payment in-person was available during Falcon Days, August 21st and 22nd. After that payments were accepted once school started on September 4th.
Please note all fines must be paid before a parking permit can be issued. Students who pay online should bring in their receipt of payment when picking up their parking hanger.
Students who tried out for fall CUT sports or activities were approved for a parking permit after school started and once the sports and activity rosters were available from the coaches/advisors.
Please see the Priority Parking Plan and other general parking information below.
- Seniors with WANIC/Health Science/Running Start class where there is no district shuttle offered.
- Juniors with WANIC/Health Science/Running Start class where there is no district shuttle offered.
- Seniors who participate in after school sanctioned sports and pre-approved after school activities.
- Juniors who participate in after school sanctioned sports and pre-approved after school activities.
- Seniors who have waivers or work after school.
Q: How many parking spaces are available for hanger purchases by students?
A: Approximately 440.
Q: Who has ticket and towing jurisdiction for cars parked on the street in front of the school?
A: Woodinville Police Department.
Q: What will happen if I park in the adjacent neighborhoods?
A: Ticketed by police and/or towed at owner's expense if parked on curbs, sidewalks, or parked against the flow of traffic.
Q: What happens if I don't pay my parking tickets?
A: Your diploma, transcript, yearbook, and/or optional graduation supplies are withheld and you cannot participate in extra-curricular activities when parking fines (or any fines/fees) are unpaid at the time of the activity (i.e., fall/winter/spring sports participation, club competitions, homecoming dance, prom, Commencement Ceremony, etc.).
Q: What are the top four reasons students receive parking tickets at WHS?
A: 1. Hangers not displayed on mirrors
2. Parked in the Staff lot
3. Parked in the Visitor lot
4. Parked in two spots
Q: What will happen if I park in the handicapped zone with or without a valid parking hanger?
A: You will receive a ticket and will be towed at your own expense.
Q: Whom do students and/or parents contact when there is a concern or question regarding parking?
A: Email Campus Supervisor Jeani Schwenk: email@example.com
**IMPORTANT: Parking Hanger Return Information**
All WHS parking hangers are due back at either the end of the season for seasonal permits or by the end of the school year for yearlong permits.
A $25 fine is assessed for any hanger not returned.
- Seniors must pay all outstanding fines and fees to receive a diploma.
- Juniors must pay all fines to receive a hanger for the next year.