Fines & Outstanding Fees
When the building is open, the fine and outstanding fee list is posted at the Cashier's Office pursuant to NSD guidelines. Additionally, notifications are mailed to homes at the end of each quarterly grading period and parents can view fines/fees by logging into TouchBase with their TouchBase user name and password. If a user name and password is needed, please email email@example.com.
- Students with outstanding fines/fees are not meeting on-track graduation requirements at WHS
- Students are notified by teachers/coaches when items are being added to the fine list
- Students are welcomed and encouraged to return books, athletic jerseys/equipment, etc. in lieu of paying fines.
- To keep textbook editions and inventory consistent for student learning, returned books must be the actual NSD book checked out to the student. While students could find similar editions, there is no guarantee that books, even those with a similar cover, are the same edition or have the same copyright date. For that reason, if the original book cannot be located students are required to pay the fine for replacement.
- Students who believe a fine is listed in error must contact their teacher/coach for the item(s) to be cleared from the fine list
- Teachers/Coaches then notify the ASB/Bookeeper in the Cashier's Office via email or in writing to remove the fine
All fines and/or fees must be paid or cleared for students to participate in all ASB related activities including, but not limited to:
- Clubs (FBLA/DECA/HOSA, National Honor Society, etc.)
- Club Conventions/Competitions
- Club Field Trips
Additionally, non-payment of fines and/or fees may result in submission to collections and withholding one or more of the following:
- Commencement cap and gown
- Optional graduation supplies, such as announcements
- Denial of parking permits/hangers
- Exclusion from participation in the Commencement Ceremony