LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: CLEVER, SCHOOLOGY, AND LOGINS
NSD offers Technology and Learning Supports. Please read this information completely to ensure that you have up to date information about logging into these systems.
Devices & Hot Spots
The Northshore School District offers every student in grades 2-12 a district-issued device to use for the school year. Students will be expected to bring the device to school daily, fully-charged, to use in their classes.
- All students will be expected to care for their devices during the school year and summer. Contact Family Tech Support if you have issues with the device: 425-408-7631 or make a help ticket at http://go.nsd.org/studenttechhelp.
- Students who are withdrawing from Northshore schools will be required to return their assigned devices to their school.
- Further information about student use of technology can be found in the WHS Student Handbook under Communications.
Questions during the school year? WHS families can e-mail WHStech@nsd.org to reach our school technology specialist.
Navigating Internet Issues
If at any time your student is unable to log in to classes due to an internet outage, we encourage you to contact your service provider. We have listed some of the local providers below. You will need to log in to your provider's site to see a map of outrages.
- Xfinity Status Center
- Phone: 1-800-934-6489
- Wave Broadband Support
- Phone: 1-866-928-3123
- Verizon Service Outage Information
- Phone: 1-800-922-0204
- Ziply Service Outage Status
- Phone: 1-866-699-4759
If you have issues with logging into Clever/Schology or issues with a District provided device, please contact our District Family Technology Helpline at 425-408-7631 or make a help ticket at http://go.nsd.org/studenttechhelp.
NEW STUDENT LOGIN INFORMATION & STUDENT PASSWORD RESETS
New Student Login Information & Student Password Resets
If a student has lost their password and need it reset or need help signing in to any NSD accounts, WHS students email Library staff firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for assistance.
Students are automatically assigned an account with their standard district issued username and password. (Student/Parent/Guardian accounts for students brand new to NSD for the school year are activated on the first day of the school year, August 31, 2022.)
Students new to WHS should email the LIBRARY at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn about all the TECHNOLOGY options available to them.
- How to login for the first time: The first time you log in go to: https://password.nsd.org.
- Your user name is your NSD student ID. Your temporary password is your eight-digit birthday, MMDDYYYY.
- Student Password Change: Create a new password right away so all your school accounts will work. The password you create will be your NSD password.
- StudentVUE (Grades) – Your user name is your student ID. Use your NSD password.
- Google Account - ID is your Student ID # @apps.nsd.org (email@example.com). Use your NSD password.
- Clever (https://my.nsd.org)– Your user name is your student ID # @nsd.org. Use your NSD password.
- Schoology (log into Clever to access) - ID is your Student ID # @apps.nsd.org (firstname.lastname@example.org). Use your NSD password.
Again, you will need to login for the first time and change your password at password.nsd.org right away or many of your accounts won't work.
PARENT PASSWORD SUPPORT
TouchBase (Online payments)
- Email email@example.com for TouchBase (online payments) username and password information.
- Can't select an item to purchase? You may have created a guest account, which will not link to your student's account.
If you do not have a ParentVUE account, you can request an account and activation code here: https://form.jotform.com/200321140182132.
CLEVER & SCHOOLOGY
Clever is our District’s portal system for student and parent technology access. All parents and students have an account in Clever to help them get connected to all the other systems we will be using. Students and parents log into Clever differently.
Parents will log in to Clever at https://family.nsd.org.
The parent portal will give parents access to buttons for ParentVUE, Schoology, and other district systems. It also provides a method for helping students to get logged in on their device. This is called “Instant Login” and should be used only when a student has trouble logging themselves into Clever.
Parents having login issues, please visit https://family.nsd.org and click “Reset Password”. Enter the email associated with your Northshore account. An email will be sent with password reset information. If you have not received the email within 48 hours, please contact our District Family Technology Helpline at 425-408-7631 or make a help ticket at http://go.nsd.org/studenttechhelp.
Students will log in to Clever at https://my.nsd.org.
Student accounts follow this pattern: the username is their email address and their password is the password they ended last school year with or the default (for new students). Student accounts use the student’s ID number. If you do not know your student’s ID number please look at their information in ParentVUE. If you do not have a ParentVUE account, you can request an account and activation code here: https://form.jotform.com/200321140182132
Username is firstname.lastname@example.org, for example email@example.com
Their password is the password they used last year. If they don’t remember that password, a staff member can reset their password for them. At Woodinville High School, students should email Dione Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or Heidi Lundberg at email@example.com for student password support.
New student in grades K-3:
Username is firstname.lastname@example.org, for example email@example.com
Their password is their student id number followed by “nsd”. For example, 4444444nsd.
New student in grades 4-12:
Username is firstname.lastname@example.org, for example email@example.com
Their password is their 8-digit birthdate, for example 04042010.
Schoology is our district’s Learning Management System implemented in the 2020-21 school year. It replaces systems that were used in prior years to distribute class assignments and learning materials, such as Google Classroom. All parents have access to an account in Schoology to monitor student progress, view course materials and assignments, and communicate with teachers.
To login to Schoology, parents will login to Clever (https://family.nsd.org) and click on the Schoology for Parents tile. Enter your email and password. If you have not activated your account, click “Forgot your password” on the Schoology login screen. Enter the email associated with your Northshore account. An email will be sent with password reset information. If you have not received the email within 48 hours, please contact your school office.
Students will log into Schoology by logging into Clever (https://my.nsd.org) and clicking on the Schoology tile.
Commonly Reported Issues
I cannot see all of my children in Clever/Schoology.
This is likely due to incomplete information in Synergy, our student information system. Please log into ParentVUE and review the information associated with your account to ensure that you can see all children and have all contact and educational rights to all of your students. If that information is correct, please contact your school’s main office to research further.
I never received an email invitation to Clever and/or Schoology.
Check your email spam and junk folders to ensure that the emails didn’t get misplaced. If you still don’t see those invitations, visit Clever and/or Schoology and use the “Reset My Password” or “Forgot your password” links to generate a new email from one or both systems.
Error when linking Google Drive to Schoology
One of the most common problems we have seen is students getting an error message when they try to link their Google Drive to Schoology. Here is a quick video from the District about this:
CLEVER & SCHOOLOGY ORIENTATIONS & RESOURCES
Clever & Schoology Orientations
You can follow these links for information on how to access Schoology. All students and teachers at WHS will be using this system, so it is important to get familiar with before we begin school.
- Getting Started with Clever and Schoology for Students (English): https://youtu.be/7R-NnJAo7E4
- Getting Started with Clever and Schoology for Students (Spanish): https://youtu.be/1K1YbVOqzsU
- Getting Started with Clever and Schoology for Parents (English): https://youtu.be/NISz6bcZVW4
Video: Introducción a Clever y Schoology para los Padres https://youtu.be/DanXj_HoEnM
Video: Getting Started with Clever and Schoology for Parents https://youtu.be/NISz6bcZVW4
Submit a Student Technology Help Desk Ticket
submit a help desk ticket
NSD Support Hotline
(during the school year)
NSD Technology & Learning Support